You can access your dog’s location via the APP or Website and monitor its location, movement, speed, route history and much more. FREE Tracking Web Platform by Tablet/Desktop PC & FREE APP. Search “ TKSTARGPS” to the iPhone/ Android App Store or Google Play, and download it if the QR Code is not workable. This item uses 2G GSM network. It also checks mail addresses by means of SMS. You do not need to keep your data connection on, 24*7.
The tracker will generally pinpoint your dog`s location within 10 seconds. After the first time it locates him, it continually gives real-time updates while tracking. It also shows your (iPhone) location so you can see where he is in relation to you.
The iPhone app provides all the information you need and is easy to use. You can actually call on the number of the device, and listen to the ring around the area where your pet might have wandered off to.
You can set a safe zone for your dog as small as 150′. It does not adjust to anything beyond a circle. The standard mode pings your dog’s location about once every 10 min. Setting up your “Safe zone” enables you to protect your pet with a virtual fence that sends you an escape alert when they run away.
This allows you to go about your day with the peace of mind knowing that you’ll be notified if your pet leaves the designated area. The device also alerts you against any strange movement, in the vicinity of your pet.
This tracker uses a sim card it has the same range and network connectivity as a cell phone, meaning that it works anywhere you can get cell phone reception which is most places nowadays. The limitations are the sim cards will only work in the country they are purchased in and meant for use in, for example in the US the AT+T sim will only work in the US.
The GPS Dog Tracker is waterproof and is resistant to light splashes of water but as with most devices like this, I wouldn’t plan to completely submerge in water for prolonged periods.
- History Trace: This feature helps you keep track of the past locations of your pet. In this manner, you can make a note of the places that are frequently visited by your pet.
- Over-Speeding Alert: If your pet is walking, running or moving faster than normal/ usual, then the tracker sends you an alert by the means of a text message or an alarm.
- Low Battery Alert: The device reports its battery status to the owner. It notifies you in the form of text messages and alerts when the battery is extremely low depending on use (4 to 7 days). The battery also posses a remote monitoring and sleeping working mode.
- Shaking Sensor: If your pet is making any unusual movements, the device makes an alert which is called a shaking sensor alert.
- A smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- An active data plan reliable to work with GPS technology
- High- speed network connection.
- Data plan has to be reliable in order to work on the GPS technology and keep you informed
- GSM SIM card ( AT&T and T-Mobile)
- SIM card adapter since (Optional)
- You need to activate the new sim card. This is done either using the prepaid cell phone or your smartphone if it’s on the appropriate network.
- Download the TKSTAR GPS app on your smartphone from either the Apple app store or googles play store.
- Insert the activated sim card into the tracker and you should see a solid blue light.
- Once the solid blue light begins to flash blue the tracker has picked up the network. (A green light indicates data usage which is an additional cost)
- Once the tracker is connected to the network, you can text G123456 to the tracker. You will receive a message back with details of the tracker GPS position on a google map.
- If you have any issues in setting up the tracking device, you can contact the seller for inquiries.